In order to create and conduct surveys with eduVote, you need an ID and a password. You can obtain this access data in three different ways:
1st test license If you are interested in purchasing a license, we will gladly set up a trial account for you for one month. Simply send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your ID and password will then be sent to you by e-mail.
2nd single license The price for a single license per year is 299 € (incl. VAT) or 598 € for three years. If you are interested, please contact: email@example.com. Your ID and password will then be sent to you by e-mail.
3rd frame license If your university or company has an enterprice license, you can simply register on the License page with your e-mail address.
Step 2: Initialize surveys
There are several ways to initialize eduVote surveys. The choice of the method depends on whether you want to prepare a series of questions or ask individual questions spontaneously, and on the hardware and software you already use. PowerPoint Add-In ( Windows / macOS) This is useful if you use PowerPoint for your presentation and you want to prepare the surveys in advance. The surveys then fit seamlessly into your presentation and you can even control them with a presenter.
Browser ( Link and further information ) The initialization of surveys in the browser is suitable for spontaneous surveys and when using operating systems for which there are no own programs yet. Windows-Program ( Download and further information ) If you do not use PowerPoint for your presentation and would like to create a survey series in advance, the Windows program is the right choice. Mac-Program ( Download and further information ) If you do not use PowerPoint for your presentation and would like to create a survey series in advance, the Mac program is the right choice.
Step 3: How should the audience participate in the surveys?
There are several ways to participate in eduVote surveys. How your audience participates is up to you. The decision should depend on whether you have recurring or one-time listeners and on how important it is for you to integrate the voting page into your corporate design.
All procedures have in common that your audience does not need to register and only needs to know the ID of the speaker, i.e. your ID. Android- and iOS-App The use of apps is recommended for recurring listeners. The IDs are automatically saved after a single use.
If you have your own subdomain or domain (Business License only!), you can adapt it to your CD and preselect the IDs. As long as your audience uses the browser to vote, you can create a QR code on the eduVote page in advance, which contains not only the address of the voting page, but also your ID.
Step 4: Best Practice I
You are a lecturer at a university that has an eduVote enterprice license. You use PowerPoint for your lectures. You would like to regularly conduct surveys prepared in a lecture over a semester in order to find out something about the level of knowledge of your audience.
1. You register on this page with your e-mail address and your password will be sent to you.
2. You download the PowerPoint Add-In from this page and install it. You insert the surveys into your PowerPoint presentation.
3. In the first event you will tell your audience that you will be using eduVote and ask them to download the eduVote app onto their smartphone.
Step 4: Best Practice II
You are a lecturer at a university and have acquired a single licence for eduVote. Usually you ask prepared questions within your presentation (see Best Practice I), but sometimes you want to spontaneously return a question from the auditorium to the entire auditorium.
1. Your single license includes an ID, a short alias that you and your audience can use as an alternative to the ID, and a password.
2. Before the event, you place a bookmark on this page in your browser. After a test run your access data will be saved on the page. In the event, all you have to do now is load the page in your browser and select the survey type that matches the question.
3. Tell your listeners that they can either use the eduVote app or the QR code displayed to participate in the survey.
Step 4: Best Practice III
You are a company that regularly offers trainings for customers. You have 20 speakers who would like to work with surveys during their presentations. You purchase a business enterprice license.
1. Your employees can register for eduVote on a subpage of your vote.ac subdomain.
2. Your employees use the PowerPoint Add-In for their surveys and adapt the result diagram to the CD guidelines of your company with the help of Microsoft Office.
3. The participants in the surveys use a subdomain of vote.ac for voting. This voting page has a customized color scheme, a company logo, and a list item where the last active speakers can be selected. In this way, the ID does not have to be typed in by the participants. (Example)
Step 4: Best Practice IV
Your company is hosting the "Global Customer Conference". You expect 800 participants. During the event, you want to involve the participants via surveys. You purchase a single business license.
1. With the single license you will receive the ID "GCC" and the password.
2. Use the PowerPoint Add-In to place the surveys. With the help of Office you adapt the result diagram to the CD guidelines of the event.
3. The participants in the surveys use the domain "gcc-vote.de" for voting. This voting page has an adapted color scheme, the logo of the event and the ID "GCC" is already preset. After entering the address you can vote directly. (Example)